Monday: 12 noon to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 noon to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 12 noon to 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
117 Main Street
Stamford, N.Y. 12167
The mission statement of the Stamford Village Library is to serve as a community center for lifelong learning, with free and equal access to a broad range of ideas and information through traditional and emerging resources to meet the intellectual, recreational, and cultural needs of area residents in a professional and friendly manner.
The Stamford Library is proud to provide free WiFi to anyone visiting the library. Wireless internet is available 24-hours a day and be accessed from inside or outside of the library building. To connect to the internet from your device, select Stamford Village Library from the list of available networks and then follow the link to agree to our terms and conditions.
- Patrons must sign in at the circulation desk and provide the date, time, and computer they will be using.
- Patrons are allowed a 40-minute internet session with additional time if there is no one waiting for a computer.
- In the case that all computers are in use and another patron requests the use of the computer, the patron who has been using the computer for the longest time will be asked to vacate the computer.
- Public computers are shut down approximately 10 minutes prior to the library closing.
- The Stamford Library has a printer available for patron use at a cost of $0.15 per page.
- To print, patrons must access the materials from one of the public computers. The Stamford Library does not provide wireless printing.
- The Stamford Library only provides black-and-white printing at this time.
- The Stamford Library has a copier available for patron use for $0.15 per page.
- Library staff can provide assistance in copying materials.
- The Stamford Library only provides black-and-white copying at this time.
- The Stamford Library has faxing services available for patron use at a cost of $0.15 per page.
- Fax cover sheets are available at the circulation desk and can be included with your fax for free.
- Library staff will assist with sending your fax.
- We are not able to receive faxes for patrons at this time.
- The Stamford Library provides laminating services in a variety of sizes and formats, including identification cards with clips.
- The cost of laminating services varies depending on the size and format, ranging from $0.50/per page to $1.00/per page.
Thanks to the Four County Library System, Stamford Library patrons have access to a vast array of online and digital resources by simply entering their free library card identification number and prearranged pin number!
Through the Download Zone, you can access and download audiobooks and e-books from OverDrive, view digital magazines through Flipster, gain access to current event sources, newspapers, library archives, encyclopedias, almanacs, genealogy resources, and job assistance through the 4CLS Research Center. Just some of the resources available on the 4CLS website are available by clicking the links below!