Smart Home Energy Savings Program with Cornell Cooperative Extension
Learn how to make your home or apartment more energy efficient – FOR FREE!
25C Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit and 25D Residential Clean Energy Tax Credit
- The residential clean energy property credit is a 30-percent credit for certain qualified expenditures made by a taxpayer for residential energy efficient property. The IRA extended the residential clean energy property credit through 203
- Empower New York – Provides incentives for families making below 60 percent of the state median income ($65,829 for a family of 4). This covers 100 percent of the cost of qualified Energy Efficiency Improvements, up to $10,000, such as insulation, air sealing, new refrigerator, and lighting.
- Weatherization Assistance Program – Provides additional energy improvements such as heating units at no cost.
- Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® – Eligibility for participation in the Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program is based upon income guidelines. It provides those who qualify with a discount covering 50 percent of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements up to $5,000 per project for single-family homes. The program is available for both renters and owners.
- Air Source Heat Pump – Get up to $1,000/10,000 BTU rebate from NYSEG plus a 30 percent credit up to $2,000. Heat pumps provide both heating and cooling!
- Ground Source Heat Pump – Get up to $1,500/10,000 BTU rebate from NYSEG plus a 30 percent tax credit and 25 percent state tax credit.